The Closest Large Acreage Estate to the slopes of Vail & Beaver Creek
Il Podere | 1548 Via La Favorita | Vail Valley, Colorado
Main House: 8 beds | 11 baths | 4-car Garage | 142 Acres plus 88 adjacent acres donated as open space
Caretaker’s House: 1 bed | 2 baths | 2-car Garage
Barn with Bunk Room: Bunk Room & 4 Stall Barn
$19,500,000 USD Property Description
LUXURY ESTATE JUST MINUTES FROM THE SLOPES
Il Podere – “Family Homestead” | 1548 VIA LA FAVORITA | EDWARDS, COLORADO
We invite you to discover this rare Colorado legacy estate that is offered fully furnished including a luxury limo with a driver. You and your family can be dropped off and picked up from the slopes, restaurants or shopping on demand day or night. The home, already the nearest luxury large estate to the ski slopes, provides you the opportunity to enjoy all the Valley’s great amenities with the convenience of a comfortable car and driver.
Perched atop 230 acres of vast and pristine land, 1548 Via La Favorita has unprecedented and forever unobstructed 360-degree views, unparalleled privacy, and yet is remarkably close to the Vail Valley’s ski slopes and amenities: less than 15 minutes to the heart of Edwards, 30 minutes to your ski club at the Vail slopes or 35 minutes to hop a jet out of the local airport or Jet Center.
Enter your secured gate and travel up the private 1.5-mile long road, past the caretaker’s cottage and the barn (perfect for horses or additional cars and toys), the waterfall, and over the fairy tale bridge until you reach the portico into a breathtaking 7,000 square foot courtyard. While the main house is generously sized, the timeless architecture and authentic materials combine to create a cozy and comfortable feel. Whether inside or out, one is sure to appreciate the miles of private groomed hiking, snowshoeing, ATV and snowmobile trails. The home’s amenities includes easy to use “smart home” technology, outdoor tennis and basketball, indoor basketball, billiards, private professional-quality cinema for the most demanding critic, 1200 bottle wine room, outdoor heated pool with pool house, miles of manicured private trails, immense exercise room, spa-quality sauna and steam room and outdoor hot-tub/spa complemented by numerous beautiful gardens and a recirculating stream and waterfall. There is a totally separate caretaker’s house of equivalent quality to the main house, and barn with a six-person bunk room and four stalls that could house four horses (but currently holds snowmobiles, ATVs, and dirt bikes), and room for a heliport if so desired.
There is subdivision potential offering the opportunity to build another full-size estate that is not visible from the main residence including another caretaker’s residence to be used as an additional family residence or to subdivide and sell. Click here for the Story of the Home.
Only 5 miles to downtown Edwards | 8 miles to Arrowhead Resort | 13 miles to Beaver Creek Resort | 19 miles to Vail Village | 23 miles to the Vail Jet Center & Eagle County Airport and 139 miles to Denver International Airport.
PROPERTY FACTS & KEY FEATURES:
- Architect: Gordon Pierce Resort Design Architects
- Builder: Joseph Abbott, LLC
- 7 Bedrooms in the main house with 10 bathrooms (4-car garage) | Guest wing with separate kitchen and living room | 14,161 square feet excluding garages, 15,596 with garages
- 1 bedroom 2 bathrooms in the caretaker’s house (2-car garage) | 1,535 square feet without garage, 2,192 with garage
- Total 8 bedrooms, 12 bathrooms, square feet both houses 15,666 without garages, 18,301 with garages
- Barn/bunk house 1,375 square feet | four horse stalls (or for extra toys) 2-car auxiliary garage,| six-bed bunk room with 1/2 bathroom
- Offered fully furnished including a luxury limo with a driver. You and your family can be dropped off and picked up from the slopes, restaurants or shopping on demand day or night. The home, already the nearest luxury large estate to the ski slopes, provides you the opportunity to enjoy all the valley’s great amenities with the convenience of a comfortable car and driver.
- All showers are equipped with steam showers
- Hidden gambling/smoking room with auxiliary ventilation so you would never know a cigar was ever lit.
- Indoor and outdoor basketball courts
- Outdoor tennis court with special court material that has integrated color, is built to last without needing regular maintenance and that bounces “just right” for the altitude.
- Outdoor year-round heated pool with pool house that includes a wet bar, year round outdoor shower, and restroom. Water features at the pool that includes colorful lighting.
- Solar Power System discretely tucked on the mountainside that generates about ⅓ of the electricity for the estate. (Additional Solar can be added to reach 100% self-sufficiency.)
- Billiards room
- Poker/cigar room equipped with special air handling system to remove smoke from the room. This room has a hidden mechanism to open a wall door.
- Temperature and humidity controlled Wine Cellar – capacity approximately 1200 bottles
- Exercise and spa area complete with epic views and a state of the art 5-star quality spa including a 7-person capacity wood-lined sauna, a 7-person capacity steam shower, a locker room for guests and a computerized shower for the perfect shower spray. The gym is professional quality with cardio machines, free weights, racks and a massage and yoga studio opening to the outdoor infinity edge hot tub and with views of every mountain range in the valley.
- “Smart home” for temperature controls, lighting, music (music is in 31 separately controllable areas of the house including outside by the pool, hot tub, courtyard) all controlled through your iPad.
- Latest technology Eero wi-fi network throughout the house and outdoor recreation areas.
- Infinity edge hot tub that cascades down into the water feature cascading down the mountain and under the road bridge to a waterfall.
- State of the art 10-(reclinable) seat stadium movie theater
- Custom solar powered stone entry gate with custom grillwork. Opens with fob, code pad or through calling the house. Security cameras throughout the grounds.
- Furniture (some minor exceptions) included
- Right to reverter on the 88 acres donated as open space adjacent to the 142-acre estate.
- Recirculating stream and waterfall
- Special artesian night lighting.
- Miles of manicured private trails with magnificent views leading from the property for ATV’s, snowmobiles, equestrian use, hiking and snowshoeing
- Custom dog wash
- Eagle County Water, high-speed internet, cable, and natural gas throughout the estate
- Snow Melt Zones:
- Courtyard (2 zones)
- Hearth Room Terrace
- Jacuzzi Deck
- Stairway to Pool
- Pool Deck
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION:
Il Podere is truly on top of the world located between Lake Creek and Cordillera in Edwards, Colorado. The location provides astonishing views of Lake Creek Valley and completely captures the wonders of the Rocky Mountain landscape with meadows filled with wildflowers, crystal mountain streams and lakes, herds of majestic elk and, snow-capped mountain peaks, including Holy Cross, the New York Mountain, the Gore Range, Castle Peak and Game Creek Bowl on Vail Mountain. This slice of heaven has an abundance of wildlife including deer, elk and birds of prey. Enjoy long, sunny, cool, and fresh midsummer days that are perfect for hiking throughout the Valley or choose a hike on the many miles of private hiking on the estate’s land, adjacent open space and easements across neighboring acreage. Explore the area on foot, by ATV, biking or horseback. Wintertime brings a whole different landscape: out come the sleds, skis, snowshoes, snowmobiles and hot cocoa. Or, simply enjoy the ulitmate undisturbed serenity of this home’s setting.
VAIL SKI RESORT (19 Miles From Il Podere)
The town of Vail is surrounded by the White River National Forest and Vail Ski Resort: world-class class skiing, biking, hiking, fishing, golfing, shopping, dining, and luxury real estate. The town of Vail has a total area of 4.5 square miles with the Gore Creek flowing through the center of town. Elevation average is around 8,150 feet above sea level. Nestled among the stunning mountains, meandering rivers and streams, lush forests, and aspen fields, Vail always feels intimate with splendid alpine villages and friendly people. Modeled on European ski towns, many of which are car-free, the town is partially pedestrianized. The town of Vail operates the largest free shuttle bus system in the United States and has one hybrid-electric bus. The town has a developed culinary center, with a variety of restaurants and Vail is also developing a cultural center, with various art and music venues active throughout the summer. Vail golf course presents golfers with a unique 18-hole, par 71 experience that is open to the public. The close proximity to I-70 makes it an easy jaunt to Denver International Airport and the Greater Denver area to take in shopping, professional sporting events and other cultural events offered by the Front Range area. And the Vail Jet Center is just 31 miles west and offers flights to and from many cities as well.
BEAVER CREEK SKI RESORT – CONSISTS OF 3 BASE VILLAGES
Arrowhead (8 Miles From Il Podere)
Located within walking distance to the slopes of Beaver Creek, Arrowhead Village is one of the best-kept secrets of Colorado. A convenient central location make this an easy choice for families who want the comfort and privacy of a home that’s within a village community that offers dining, activities, amenities and complimentary shuttle transportation. You may bike, hike, ski, or snowboard from Arrowhead Mountain to the Beaver Creek Village through the European-style, village-to-village trails. Or practice your swing at one of the acclaimed golf courses in the Vail Valley. Tee times can be arranged at a variety of courses in the area, including Beaver Creek Golf Club for guests staying in Beaver Creek. The Arrow Bahn Express ski lift is located in the center of the village and within walking distance of many accommodations. An outside pool, hot tub and fire pit are all located within the village as well. Arrowhead is a beautiful gated community featuring many opportunities for homeowners while conveniently located close to Edwards, a town anyone can fall in love with.
Bachelor Gulch Village (11 Miles From Il Podere)
Bachelor Gulch was established in 1996 and is one of America’s premier ski-in and ski-out resort communities. Located on Beaver Creek Mountain, 85% of homes here boast ski-in and ski-out access to terrain that connects Arrowhead Village, Bachelor Gulch Village and Beaver Creek Village. Nestled among meadows, trails and forests, homes and mountain lodges in Bachelor Gulch appear as an integral part of the landscape, while capturing expansive views to the Gore Range, Vail Mountain and Castle Peak. The beautiful rugged architecture in Bachelor Gulch captures the harmonious spirit of national and state parks throughout the country such as the grand lodges of Yellowstone and Yosemite National Parks. The Ritz-Carlton hotel is located at the base of Bachelor Gulch and offers amazing views of Beaver Creek Mountain. Retail, fine and casual dining and a world-class spa are located in the hotel. In the summer, guests of The Ritz-Carlton have access to golf at Red Sky Ranch, which features two championship courses designed by Tom Fazio and Greg Norman. Owners and guests may take a scenic hike to Beaver Creek Village or utilize the resort’s complimentary dial-a-ride service. Bachelor Gulch is a perfect place to stay for slope-side access and mountain serenity with the unique village-to-village skiing experience.
Beaver Creek Village (13.5 Miles From Il Podere)
Beaver Creek is just west of Vail and only 9 miles from Il Podere. This ski resort hosts the annual “Birds of Prey” World Cup, and recently the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. Probably the toughest and craziest event on the planet (hosted by Beaver Creek) is the Tough Mudder. This 11-mile military-style obstacle course includes ice cold plu8-foot8 foot walls, barbed wire crawls, 100 foot long mud ruts and the electroshock. The “Beav” is also know to host many small events as well such as weddings and corporate retreats. This quaint village has world-class dining, shopping, fine art galleries, and a beautiful outside skating rink all conveniently linked by heated walkways and escalators. The Vilar Performing Arts Center is a 535-seat venue that offers a diverse series of cultural events throughout the year from internationally renowned dance companies and Broadway tours to platinum-selling recording artists and family productions. Enjoy a scenic open-air sleigh ride to those elegantly rustic cabins serving amazing cuisine or play a few rounds of golf at one of the longest established golf courses in the Vail Valley. The best part about Beaver Creek is that the entire resort is an exclusive little stash all it’s own and it’s all about being a part of the special community. People flock to Beaver Creek for legendary service, unmatched skiing and the intimacy and relaxation of one of the best mountain towns in the West.
EDWARDS (5 Miles From Il Podere)
- Downtown Edwards
Edwards is located in the center of the Vail Valley and just 14 miles west of Vail and 4.4 miles from Il Podere. A fantastic, eclectic mix of homes, businesses, open space, trails, ranches, and farms. Continuing in Vail’s upscale tradition, Edwards is also home to several bistros with excellent wine lists and a plush lodge and spa where visitors and locals are treated to the finest pampering. The heart of Edwards and nestled beside the Eagle River is Riverwalk. Home to spacious townhomes and condos that reside above the bustling area that is filled with many local businesses, including the quintessential outdoor store. Enjoy the scenic bike path or relax in a grassy park, the community establishments in Edwards are full of locals and tourist alike. Visit a ranch in the area and experience the Colorado high country as it was a hundred year ago. Activities such as cattle drives, sporting clay shooting, horseback riding, fly-fishing and more, followed by a true Western barbecue can be acquired by contacting 4 Eagle Ranch. With three world-class ski resorts and five championship golf courses just moments away no wonder Edwards is the favored location for many in the Vail Valley. Edwards was recently ranked #2 of the 20 richest small towns in America. Read report here.
Cordillera -5 Unique Neighborhoods
The Divide, the Summit, the Ranch, and the Territories are gated luxury communities that offer a home away from the hustle and bustle. Serenity and pristine landscapes set the mood and backdrop for incomparable golfing in these mountains. From the Valley to Cordillera’s summit, Tom Fazio, Hale Irwin, and Jack Nicklaus have designed three extraordinary golf courses, each with its own award-winning clubhouse that offers an elegant ambiance and culinary experience. On the premises are the Summit Athletic club with tennis/pickle ball courts, a Clubhouse, a Community Center, an Equestrian Center, a Fitness Center, a Health Club, Pools, Private Fishing and much more.
The Cordillera Valley Club (located at a lower elevation), offers outdoor enthusiasts a longer playing season, whether it be swimming, tennis or golf. A great location in the Vail Valley and easy proximity to the amenities of Edwards, you are close to skiing, snowboarding, shopping, restaurants, and the many activities of Vail and Beaver Creek.
End -Malia Cox Nobrega & Barbara Scrivens Property Description Il Podere, 1548 Via La Favorita, Edwards, Colorado